Several students in our country cannot afford higher education studies due to poverty. Swami Vivekananda Scholarship provides financial support to these poor students. It’s a jackpot for the poor students. Through the scholarship, the poor might be able to pursue higher classes. This scholarship is operated in West Bengal.
The scholarship is available to students who are pursuing graduation and post-graduation studies, as well as those in grades 9th through 12th. The scholarship will help students to overcome the financial crisis they might be going through.
The objective of the Swami Vivekananda Scholarship
The main objective of this scholarship is to provide financial assistance to poor people. Those students from West Bengal who were unable to pursue their studies due to financial crises will now have the opportunity to do so as the government will be providing them with funding. These scholarships will be available to students from economically disadvantaged backgrounds.
Swami Vivekananda Scholarship Eligibility Criteria
Read below to know all the requirements you need to avail this Scholarship:
- Students from class XI to postgraduate degrees are eligible to apply for this Scholarship
- The students who are pursuing the doctoral and MPhil from specific government-aided institutions can also apply.
- The government will shortlist the candidates based on their financial means and academic merit.
- The Kanyashree scheme is also open to those who are pursuing a degree in science, commerce, or the arts at a West Bengal university.
- 45% of Aggregate in the qualifying exam should be secured by the Kanyashree applicants.
- The income of the family should not exceed 250000 per annum.
- The Swami Vivekananda scholarship applicants should not apply for any other scholarships during the period of the scholarship
Revision of Eligibility Criteria under Swami Vivekananda Scholarship
As we have mentioned above this scholarship is for students from a backward society in West Bengal. A student who has earned more than 60% of the marks on the state board is eligible to receive the scholarship. Before, the Swami Vivekananda Scholarship had a 75% eligibility standard. Chief Minister Mamta Banerjee has revised the criteria.
- The Students who have secured 60% or above in the higher secondary to the UG level are eligible for this scholarship. Additionally, Mamta Banerjee congratulated at least 1700 candidates who passed the high school and secondary exams, as well as the Madaras exam.
- Students are also provided books written by renowned authors of Bengal. Under this scheme, the maximum family income is fixed at Rs 250000 per annum.
- Students must achieve a minimum score of 50% in order to be eligible for the PG level
Benefits of the Swami Vivekananda Scholarship
- Through this scheme financial assistance is given to the weaker sections of the society in West Bengal.
- Students who are studying in the graduation, post-graduation, and class 9th to 10th can take the advantage of this scheme.
- The scheme will help in the improvement of the literacy rate in the city.
- The scheme helps in decreasing the financial burden on the students.
- It also generates employment opportunities for the students.
- The scheme gives quality education to the students.
Documents that are required for Scholarship
- Aadhar Card
- Permanent Residence Proof
- Ration Card
- Residential Proof
- Previous Class Result
- Higher Secondary Education Results
- Income certificate of Family
- Registered Number
- Passport Size Photo
How to apply for Swami Vivekananda Scholarship
When all the above eligibility requirements are met, you may apply for the scholarship by following the given steps:
- Visit the official website of the Swami Vivekananda Scholarship.
- Then enter the required details like phone number and email id and register.
- After registering the applicant will get an application ID that consists of 15 digit characters.
- Then you should log in with the applicant ID and password and set up your profile.
- You will get a captcha code. Enter the code to proceed further.
- In the end, you need to attach a passport size photo and the image of your signature.
- Then click the submit button and now your application is submitted.
- If any candidate is interested in applying for K3 they must fill the authentication form. The following details are required for the authentication form:
- K2 year of application form
- Kanyashree ID
- Name of applicant
- Date of birth of the applicant
- Father’s name
- Mother’s name
- The system will redirect the applicants to the registration form after they have successfully authenticated, just as if they had filled out a fresh application
- If you are renewing the scholarship, there is no need to register it again just add your applicant ID and password which you get after registering it before.
- If the applicant forgets the login credentials then they may recover them with the retrieval option on the home page.
|Register online start date||16 November 2021|
|Register online end date||February 2022|
|Distribution of Scholarship||March 2022|
EazyHindi.Net provides all information about Government schemes. Visit our website and get all knowledge about Government schemes.